When you book (either by phone or via the website), you will be asked which of the graded groups best suit your riding skill and / or speed. If you are at the least bit unsure as to what group you are best suited to, please call (09)412 6266 and one of our friendly telephone staff will assist you in making that decision by asking you questions .
Full payment is required at the time of booking. This can be done via MasterCard or Visa. If you are unable to pay via this method, a facility is available for cheque or bank transfer, however positions are not held until payment is cleared.
After booking a position at a Hampton Downs Ride Day, you will receive confirmation either via email or in the post. This confirmation outlines all the policies and procedures that relate to the event you are booked to attend. It also lets you know exactly what we expect of you and your equipment, and what you can expect from us. Within this information is some paperwork which must be filled in and brought with you on the day of the event.
To view a calendar of events or to book your Hampton Downs Ride Day – Click here
Recommendations for getting the most out of your day...
The following is some information you may wish to consider when preparing for your day.
As some events are more popular than others, please consider booking as early as possible to guarantee your position. Once we’re full for that group…we’re full!
- Check your bike and riding gear at least one week out from your event to allow time for repairing or replacing anything required for the Ride Day
- We recommend participants get a good nights sleep prior to the event.
- Go easy on alcohol the night before your session
- Avoid taking unnecessary medication - unless prescription medication which must be taken. Meaning - stay off the drugs!!
- Bring your lunch, and something to keep you going through the morning and afternoon
- If you are unable to trailer your bike to the track and bring additional fuel, please arrive at the track with a full tank of gas. There is time between session rotation to re-fuel at a fuel provider if necessary. Small amounts of fuel are often available for purchase at the track in an emergency. Ask staff on the day in relation to this.
- Ensure you drink plenty of fluids. We have a supply of electrolytes (potassium phosphate and sea salts) which will assist in keeping you alert and hydrated. If you would like more information about these products, please ask the staff on the day.
- Please be prompt when called out for your riding session. We’ll do all we can to maximise your track time, but we need your help to do so.